Goals of Ambassador Development are to 1) develop and strengthen MN Mississippi River Parkway Commission (MN-MRPC) partnerships with byway attractions to leverage improved value from cooperative Minnesota and ten-state efforts; 2) provide Ambassadors with resources, materials, and training to maximize their time and talent; 3) confirm and update Minnesota Great River Road attraction information included in Plan Your Trip and other marketing; and 4) encourage Mississippi River exploration and stewardship.
- Great River Road Interpretive Centers
- Community Tourism Offices
- Plan Your Trip traveler resource site managers and staff
- Other Great River Road attractions, Minnesota Grown members, and businesses
What do Ambassadors Get?
- Information and training sessions to refine your knowledge about the Great River Road and online resources describing benefits to your site and community
- Great River Road print, online and app maps and promotional materials for yourself, residents, businesses, or visitors
- Promotion within the context of Minnesota’s 565-mile Great River Road and all ten Mississippi River states
- Partnership with the MN-MRPC, ten state Network of Great River Road Interpretive Centers and other attractions along the Mississippi River
- Your site’s information on the Minnesota Great River Road Plan Your Trip online map and www.mnmississippiriver.com website.
What do Ambassadors do?
- Promote your attraction and share your river perspectives and stories as part of the All-American Mississippi River experience
- Encourage visitors to explore all of what the Great River Road has to offer, in your community, throughout Minnesota, and in all ten Mississippi River states
- Help the MN-MRPC better promote your community attractions, activities, and events
- Explore the Mississippi river and share your ideas to preserve, enhance and promote it
- Confirm and update the 700+ things to do in MN Great River Road online mapping. (Please note – content will be reviewed and approved by project managers prior to posting online.)
For More Information on Becoming an Ambassador –
- Contact the MN-MRPC office, email@example.com or 651-341-4196